Spring has sprung in the Midwest! The bitter cold of winter has been replaced with kite-worthy breezes and rejuvenating rain showers. With racing season around the corner my weekly workouts are beginning to take on a more structured appearance as I begin to zone in on a target race. This year I am looking forward to completing my first tri: the Rose Hulman Tusk Tri at the end of April, a sprint distance triathlon that benefits breast cancer research. Bonus that the 400m swim is in a pool, which helps to decrease the intimidation factor that comes with open water swimming. This week’s training plan is focused on quick and easy workouts because it’s Spring Break for this tired student teacher and we will also be traveling a good bit this week.
- Monday: AM: 30 minute swim, PM: 20 minute hip opening yoga flow
- Tuesday: AM: 60 minute spin class, PM: 20 minute core strength
- Wednesday: AM: 45 minute swim, PM: 5-6 mile run, restorative yoga
- Thursday: AM: 60 minute spin class, PM: 90 minute Jivamukti yoga class
- Friday: AM: 4-5 mile run, PM: Peloton Spin class
- Saturday: All day: Playing tourist in Saint Louis
- Sunday: AM: 5-6 mile run through Saint Louis, PM: Restorative Yoga Class