In the last week I read two more books off my TBR list, so I am still on track as far as my reading challenges go. Thank goodness for audiobooks, though I did enjoy some glorious hours with my Kindle in stolen moments of quiet. George Orwell’s Burmese Days was particularly nice to listen on audio so I didn’t need to guess on Indian pronunciation.
- 2018 Audiobook Challenge Marathoner Level by Hot Listens (4/50 audiobooks) Two more books from last week.
- Beat the Backlist 2018 by Novel Knight. Go Team Book Bards! (2/12 backlist books) One more book from last week.
- Book Riot’s 2018 Read Harder Challenge (1/24 books) Zero progress from last week.
- 2018 Goodreads Challenge (10/100 books) 2 books more from last week.
- 2018 Historical Fiction Challenge Ancient History Level by Passages to the Past (4/25 books) Two more book from last week.
- 2018 MMD Reading Challenge by Modern Mrs. Darcy (1/12 books) Zero progress from last week.
- 2018 When Are You Reading? by Taking on a World of Words (3/12 books) Two more book from last week.
My running this week was almost negligible. 3.50 miles brings my total annual mileage up to 75.35 out of 1000 miles. I biked twelve miles and got a weight class in, so I was still moving, just not in the usual manner.
I’m competing in a Taekwondo tournament this Saturday coming up (my first!) so all my focus is being directed toward preparations for that. My daughter and I are both demonstrating forms, so we have been working on those together. I have loved seeing the discipline it brings into her life, and practicing with her makes it all the more special for me.