Recently I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Elisgraci from Simply G. Elis is a wonderful soul who posts original creative writing that dives below the surface that is daily life. Her writing has an authenticity and honesty to it, and her faith is an inspiration to anyone trying to live a good and genuine life. Her nomination was touching, and it is just one more example of why I love this blogging community! I am so grateful for the connections and friendships made through this platform.
Rules For Accepting It:
- Write about it on your blog and thank the person who nominated you , write about their blog too.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Nominate 5 or 10 blogs which you feel deserve it.
- Let the nominees know that you nominated them.
“Don’t forget to create 10 questions for them to answer. Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so that they’ll know what to do. Once you’re done, come back here and comment with the link to your post so I can check out your answers.”
Questions from Elis and my answers:
- Who or what makes you smile? Other than my family and friends (of course), I can’t help but smile when I hear underdog success stories. I love seeing people taking a No and turning it around into a Yes.
- Who or what motivates you to write on your blog? This is a difficult question. I always desire to live a well-examined life, especially when it comes to reading, and blogging has been a way for me to do that. By critically evaluating my reading experiences I in turn discover more about myself and since starting the blog have broadened my reading horizons further than I would have ever thought possible.
- Would you die for the one you love? I would absolutely die for my daughter. She is a brilliant soul with oceans of potential in her little spirit. Now my husband? He’s lived a full life so maybe? Probably not though.
- Do you believe in equality? The cynic in me says no. But the dreamer in me continues to call out for it. I hope one day to live in a world where cronyism is no longer a thing, but people get promoted and succeed based on their merit.
- Would you rather hike a mountain or swim on a deep ocean? I am terrified of things I cannot see (just imagine all the fifteen foot sharks and giant squid who call the sea their home!). I would much rather climb the mountain and soar with the eagles.
- 30 years from now, do you still see yourself blogging? Maybe? If blogs are still around? I see myself writing a journal in some form. It has been a lifelong activity of mine since I could form words, so I can’t imagine that ever stopping completely.
- If there’s a particular skill or talent that you want to have, what would it be and why? If there was one talent I wish I could have it would be photography. There are so many memories that I wish I had been able to capture with a beautiful photo, I am definitely a person guilty of Insta Envy.
- Do you believe age doesn’t matter in love? As a girl who married at the age of 19 to a man six years my senior (yes, we’re still together seven years later), I do not think age matters in love. I think as long as two people are truly happy together (and are consenting adults), then age is simply just a number.
- If there’s one place you want to visit, where? And what do you want to do on that place? The better question is where wouldn’t I want to go? My whole life I have always wanted to go on a Savannah African safari. Now who wants to sponsor this girl’s plane ticket??
- If you’re in the ‘golden magical mirror’ and you will talk to yourself, what are you going to tell to yourself? I think I would tell myself to worry less about what others think, and do what makes you happy. Many times I have missed an opportunity or experience because I was too concerned about fitting in. It’s a hard lesson to learn, but an important one.
My 10 Nominees:
- Rachael @ Rachaelrexds
- Alysha @ Floral Reads
- Jane @ Greenish Bookshelf
- Ali @ I Wuv Books
- Camille @ Camille’s Bookish Adventures
- Mary @ Silver Button Books
- Laura @ Snazzy Books
- Laurel @ Potpourri
- Lorryn @ Reading Parental
- Lola @ Lola Et La Vie
I am not sure how all of my L nominees ended up next to one another, but seriously I love all these blogs!
10 Questions for my nominees:
- What inspired you to create a blog?
- If you could quit your day job, what would you do instead?
- A portal opens up to another land or time in your room. Where does it go?
- What is your least favorite genre?
- What is your favorite animal (real or mythological)?
- What’s your favorite hobby when you’re not reading?
- It’s time for a vacation! Who’s your travel partner?
- Do you have a life philosophy? If so, what is it?
- You find a time machine and travel ten years back into the past. What advice or affirmation do you give yourself?
- What is one thing you love about yourself?