This past week was my last week on break before college classes pick up again. I picked up several shifts substitute teaching to pay for text books, and was able to read a bit in the classroom.
In total I completed two more books last week (one was for book club), and have about another day left until I finish up War and Peace on audio. I listened to a sizeable portion of the novel while working on a 1000 piece puzzle. Proud Ravenclaw!
- 2018 Audiobook Challenge Marathoner Level by Hot Listens (0/50 audiobooks) Zero progress from last week.
- Beat the Backlist 2018 by Novel Knight. Go Team Book Bards! (0/12 backlist books) Zero progress from last week.
- Book Riot’s 2018 Read Harder Challenge (0/24 books) Zero progress from last week.
- 2018 Goodreads Challenge (4/100 books) 2 books more from last week.
- 2018 Historical Fiction Challenge Ancient History Level by Passages to the Past (1/25 books) Zero progress from last week.
- 2018 MMD Reading Challenge by Modern Mrs. Darcy (0/12 books) Zero progress from last week.
- 2018 When Are You Reading? by Taking on a World of Words (1/12 books) Zero progress from last week.
- Pre 1500
- 1800-1899: The Vengeance of Mothers by Jim Fergus
- The Future
The weather has still been frigid with highs in the teens most days, so it was another week on the treadmill. All told I ran 18.75 miles, bringing my yearly total up to 35.45 out of 1000.
I (almost) reached all my weekly workout goals. I taught three yoga classes, attended two Tae Kwon Do classes, got in an hour group HIIT class, and did a thirty minute power yoga class (plus a bonus strength workout in the form of sledding for an hour). I had planned on taking two yoga classes, but substitute teaching nixed that idea.
This week I am keeping my plans loose since it will be the first week back in class. The goal is to stay consistent with running and aim for a few lunchtime yoga classes at the student gym (in addition to the two I teach), plus a strength workout or two. Getting into a good sleep schedule/morning routine is the priority.